Transactional emails are automated emails between a sender and a recipient. You should not confuse it with promotional emails. Unlike promotional emails, transactional emails are triggered by events, activities, interactions, and preferences within the application or platform rather than an email marketing campaign. Promotional emails are automated under email marketing campaigns.
You can think of all those emails you get on shipping confirmations, website visits, account renewals, password resets, product announcements for cheap products on sale, abandon carts, and others. All those are transactional emails triggered based on your certain activities to keep you engaged as customers or users.
Now as a company or brand, these emails benefit your business to grow.
Primarily, it develops trust between a customer and a company. Also, it is a much cheaper form of marketing to connect with users on a regular basis forming a long-term relationship. Transactional marketing is also easier as it limits personalization but increases engagement, so do not have to worry about building emotional relationships every time. It keeps your customers updated and informed.
Since you know what transaction emails are and how it can benefit your business, now you can explore the best transactional email services out there. So, here are 5 top transactional email services with all the features, free trial, and pricing details of the same.
Quick Comparison Between Best Transactional Email Services 2020
|Services||Basic Plan||No. Of Emails||Multiple SMTP Routing||Automation In Base Plan|
|Pabbly Email Marketing||$29/mo||Unlimited||YES||Unlimited|
“Pabbly Email Marketing is aimed to boost your email marketing performance with the effective and customized transactional email marketing automation at the most affordable rates.”
It offers you one of the best email marketing services-oriented subscription plans at affordable prices. It provides effective email marketing automation in sending transactional emails to your customers. Automatic email send excels in bringing more customers as it is more targeted and customized.
SMTP further helps increase the deliverability of your transactional emails. Besides, you can add multiple SMTPs for better inbox placement as you will be able to send emails through different email delivery vendors.
Further, you can pre-set or schedule your emails to make them highly personalized for the customers for better engagement. Moreover, you can design transaction emails via drag-and-drop editor within a few seconds to automate it for a customized trigger. Pabbly Email Marketing facilitates you to customize your automation for the transaction emails by setting up complex triggers.
For example, you can send a certain transaction email to send automatically to a user who leaves the website at the check-out page without buying your product. These transaction emails won’t be promotional but more focussed on what went wrong. It is supposed to encourage these visitors to visit your website again.
Autoresponders make your automated transactional emails, even more, engaging. As, it automatically sends the general automated emails to the users such as a welcome email when a subscriber joins your email list.
- Automatic Resend – Automation features in transactional email services help your email marketing campaign grow better. It increases the open rate of emails you send. Furthermore, it automatically sends a follow-up email to emails that haven’t been opened. It almost doubles the chance of email open rate.
- Email Scheduling – You can automate your transaction emails targeted to send on a complex trigger. Emails can also be scheduled to send on an event or at a certain time or day. It engages your subscribers and keeps you connected with them.
- MX Cleaning – This feature helps you reduce the bounce rate in your email marketing campaigns. You can identify and remove all the bad emails from your list that might cause bounce.
- Email Tracking – The tool renders an individual email tracking mechanism to all your transactional emails. It monitors opens, clicks, shares, unsubscribes, and more.
- Forever Free – You can send 12000 emails per month to 1100 subscribers absolutely free of cost in this plan.
- Rookie – For Rookie plan, you pay $29 per month to send unlimited numbers of emails for 5000 subscribers.
- Pro – Pro plan allows you to send emails to 15,000 subscribers on paying $49 per month along with all the premium features.
- Advance – The Advance Plan will cost you $99 per month where you can send unlimited emails for up to 50,000 subscribers.
Moosend allows you to send highly personalized transactional emails to your subscriber list. It stimulates their clicking instincts and connects with them personally for higher engagement.
With the drag-and-drop feature, you can create transactional emails in no time accustomed to unique triggers. Moreover, you can use a drag-and-drop automation editor to simplify your email marketing automation.
One of the best transactional email examples is when a customer abandons a cart on your product or services website. You can automate a transaction email to send to that customer after a certain time. Even further, if they buy the product, another transactional email will be “Thank You” email or if they don’t, a “Forgot Item” email will hit their inbox. So with Moosend, you can create such an automation pipeline for your email marketing campaigns.
Not just this, there are other features like website and user tracking, advanced reporting, advanced personalization, A/B testing, and list segmentation to engage your customers and boost sales.
- Email Personalization – You can create highly personalized emails that stimulate customer’s clicking instincts. It is personalized to make it highly responsive and relevant to the customer. There are even advanced personalization features to implement on your transactional emails.
- Drag & Drop Advanced Automation: You get advanced automation features where you actually drag and drop certain email templates to trigger on dedicated triggers, events or cases. You can create a pipeline for your automation to retarget the customer through different templates or content depending upon the case.
- Segmentation for Unlimited Emails – You can send unlimited emails to your subscribers. Also with segmentation features, you can divide your database into subgroups which ensures the delivery of the emails to the right customers.
- Free Plan– The free plan allows you to send unlimited emails in a month with a daily sending limit.
- Pro Plan– For just $8/month, you can access all the premium features.
- Enterprise – For the enterprise plan, you get to customize everything with features like custom reporting, account management, and much more.
To Begin with, transactional emails are one of the strong suits of SendInBlue. It is not just another great transactional email services solution but more. As it allows you to implement their services using their email API and efficient SMTP infrastructure. They are the least complicated and affordable option for small organizations for transactional email automation.
You can send free transactional emails to your subscribers with their easy-to-understand automation. It also allows you to segment your lists to send more effective transactional emails to a targeted audience.
Furthermore, you can even choose different setup options such as API, eCommerce plugins, SMTP Relay or marketing automation depending upon your website. It further facilitates you to customize further emails in the pipeline like order confirmation emails, password reset messages and so much more.
There are options to plan the types of transactional emails you want to send. With a drag-and-drop email editor, you can create transactional emails in no time, ready for automation based on custom triggers you set. It goes even further as you can personalize it with dynamic content.
Not to forget the high deliverability and monitoring performance features to escalate your results to another level.
- Transactional Email – Sending transactional emails is one of their highlight features where you have multiple setup options
- Email Marketing – With tons of customizable templates, you can create and design visually stunning and responsive emails in no time. It helps you create more engagement consistently.
- Segmentation – Segmenting your contacts makes your drip email marketing campaign more targeted, relative, and result-oriented. You send specific types of messages to distinct profiling audiences.
- Marketing Automation – You can pre-schedule your emails to create an automated system saving you a lot of time and energy. Also, this way you never miss out on sending emails and create a better engagement rate.
- Free Plan – You can get some basic features where you can send 300 emails per day.
- Lite Plan – This plan costs you $25 per month where it allows you to send 40,000 emails per month. There is no daily sending limit with this plan. You can also buy this plan for $22.50 with annual payment.
- Essential Plan – This plan costs $39 per month where you can send 60,000 emails per month. Here, you get A/B Testing, advanced statistics, and Sendinblue logo removal from emails.
- Premium Plan – This plan costs $66 per month and you will get to send 120,000 emails in a month and all the premium features and customer support.
Pepipost is the only open-source transactional email marketing service amongst all other email marketing services. They also are the most developer-friendly service as compared to others.
Additionally, it offers you to integrate your applications to their services under 2 minutes with their extensive code library. It promises to deliver your transactional emails at the right time and with high delivery rates.
You also get features like sandbox testing, past transaction logs, webhooks, real-time reports and more with Pepipost to scale your email marketing automation even further. The tool allows you to track your transactional emails in real-time. So you can see the opens, clicks, bounce rate, and everything in real-time only.
- Robust Transactional Email Automation – You can automate transactional emails to your subscribers or visitors with easy email API integration.
- Quick Integration – There are code libraries for many languages such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, and many more. You can connect Pepipost to your platform or application either through SMTP or email API.
- Email Marketing – You can send bulk emails with all the popular open-source email marketing platforms.
- Real-time Tracking – You can track your transaction or marketing emails in real-time with all the metrics such as opens, clicks, visits, and more. Also, It keeps track for every email for 90 days worth of transactional logs. You can even link back the responses into your system very easily.
The plans are on the basis of the number of emails per month.
- Free Plan – You can send up to 1,000 emails per day for the first 30 days. After that, you can send 100 emails per day.
- 150K emails – Firstly, you need to pay $25 for sending 150,000 emails per month where you have to pay $0.60 for extra 1,000 emails.
- 400K emails – Secondly, pay $85 to send 400,000 emails per month where you have to pay $0.55 for extra 1,000 emails.
- 600K emails – You pay $145 to send 600,000 emails per month where you have to pay $0.50 for extra 1,000 emails.
- 1000K emails – You pay $245 to send 1000,000 emails per month where you have to pay $0.45 for extra 1,000 emails.
- 2000K emails – Lastly, pay $445 to send 2000,000 emails per month where you have to pay $0.40 for extra 1,000 emails.
Mailjet is the only completely white-label email marketing service that offers transactional direct email features. You can create customized transactional email templates with the help of a highly interactive drag-and-drop builder very fast.
With Mailjet, you can build a dynamic, personalized, and highly responsive transactional direct mail to inform and engage with customers. Further, you monitor the email traffic in real-time.
You can change your authentication settings and specify their SMTP server to set up the SMTP relay in just a few minutes. Also, you can use their Send API function to send your transactional emails.
Mailjet ensures that your emails reach the inbox of your subscribers to optimize the deliverability and achieve better engagement results. It also set up dedicated IPs to improve your sender reputation.
Taking a further step in transaction email automation, the templating language facilitates you to customize your transactional emails with different variables. You can create dedicated templates for different conditions, events, and functions. Not just that, you can even use conditionals, loops, and functions to trigger the right template.
- SMTP Relay & Send API – Setup SMTP relay and Send API in minutes by changing your authentication setting and selecting their SMTP server.
- Create templates – You can create visually stunning templates for pre-set transactional emails with a drag-and-drop editor in no time.
- Personalization – Personalize your transactional emails with templating language where you can customize it with different variables, conditions, loops and functions to trigger the right content.
- Monitor Email Performance In Real-Time – You can access your sending statistics in real-time. You can see the number of deliveries, clicks, open rates, bounces, blocks and any delivery issues as well.
- Free – You get 6,000 emails per month where you can send up to 200 emails per day. You don’t need any credit cards for this plan.
- Basic – You need to pay $9.65 per month for 30,000 emails per month with no daily sending limit. You will get all the free plan features in this basic plan.
- Premium – Pay $20.95 per month where you can send 30,000 emails but with all advanced features.
- Enterprise – Lastly, with enterprise plan you get a customized solution for high volume email sends with all premium features. To get a quote, you have to connect with their expert.
Transactional emails are dedicated to email communication of the sender and recipient on the basis of the user’s activities and events. It informs, updates, and engages your subscribers about the product, offers, purchase, or the subscription. Transaction emails as service leads to higher user engagement and consistent customer experience. Additionally, it focuses on a point-of-sale transaction between an individual customer and the company. Finding suitable transactional email services for your company depends upon your requirements, email volume, features, and preferences. Moreover, it is highly suggested to opt for a service with maximum features, low cost, and unlimited automation.
You May Also Like To Read: