Chargify is a widely used subscription billing software around the globe as it has earned the reputation of reliable software in the market. But, with evolving technologies & new startups, the need of the time is to use efficient and affordable software.
Apart from all the good functionalities that Chargify offers, there is no denying to the fact that it is overpriced. Therefore, with hundreds of options available in the industry, this is the right time to explore cheap alternatives to Chargify.
However, all businesses need to address their requirement of subscription billing software, and also earn from their activities. Chargify is well-known for its services like prompt customer support, dunning, tracking, and streamline workflow. But, one of its most criticized policies is adamantly charging an income fee on the top of the subscription fee. This increases the cost to five folds without any value-addition in the product. Also, it has a poor track record in terms of entry adjustments against manual payments.
Therefore, affordable and cheap alternatives to Chargify can help you in competently managing trials, issuing refunds, etc. in a perfect price range.
Hence, for your convenience, we have this blog that includes the best subscription management software of India and abroad.
Quick Comparison Between Best Cheap Chargify Alternatives
|Services||Pricing||Transaction Fee (in %)||Affiliate Module||Custom Domain|
|Pabbly Subscription Billing||$19/mo||0%||Yes||Yes|
1. Pabbly Subscription Billing – Cheap Alternative To Chargify
“At affordable pricing, users can use all the features like automation, dunning management, affiliate module etc., with basic plans. Also, you can generate unlimited revenue without paying any additional transaction fees.”
Pabbly subscription billing has emerged as a reliable and affordable solution for users around the world who are looking for efficient billing software. With this, users can easily manage various aspects of billing software like segmentation, reporting, tracking, payments, etc. Furthermore, it allows to create plans and products according to their strategy and without any limitations. It is also easy to attach them to the checkout pages for convenience in making sales. Compared to other programs, Pabbly Subscription Billing offers the best automation in invoices. In addition to that, tasks like tracking subscription and customer details come with hassle less execution.
Lastly, it offers affordable and cheap pricing plans that make it one of the best cheap Chargify alternatives.
- Ease-of-invoicing – This feature is the perfect solution for users looking to collect recurring and one-time payment from the audience. It also enables quick tracking of payments and access to shareable invoices.
- API Access – To meet the needs of the user, this software offers a full-fledged API with extensive documentation. It helps and contributes to the management of different aspects related to billing like invoice generation, billing frequency, subscription plans, etc.
- Integration – Users can perform all the tasks as Pabbly Subscription Billing comes with Webhook integration. Also, it integrates with multiple external or third-party SaaS applications like SalesForce, Google etc., using API keys for enhancing its functionality.
- Autofill Checkout & Embed – You can embed a customized checkout page on an existing website with the help of this feature. Above all, by the use of a single code, the user can enable the data autofill function for the audience.
- Sales and Analytics – Pabbly Subscription Billing offers access to descriptive and in-depth analysis of net revenue, sales, and other similar parameters. It can be accessed from the dashboard and helps in the analysis of the performance.
- Offline Subscription Cycle – This feature enables users to create a dedicated offline payment cycle for their audience. It automates the payments and also makes it feasible for customers who intend to pay offline.
- Affiliate Management System – Further, users have access to a pre-integrated affiliate management module along with all the other features. So, they can manage the affiliate’s activities directly from the dashboard.
- Zero Transaction Charges – Pabbly Subscription Billing does not charge anything extra from the users for the transaction or in taxes. It does not include any revenue model, where users have to share a certain percentage of total transactions.
- Starter – Firstly, you can manage up to 50 customers with this plan at the cost of $19/m.
- Rookie – This plan is for users who want to manage up to 100 customers for their subscription billing requirements. The cost of this plan is $37/m.
- Pro – In this popular Pro Plan, it is possible to manage subscriptions for up to 150 customers at $57/m.
- Advanced – Lastly, this plan addresses the needs of users intending to manage up to 250 customers. The price of this Advanced plan is $79/m.
2. FastSpring – Subscription Billing Software
FastSpring is next in the list of cheap alternatives to Chargify. It is reliable and offers services like acquisition, upgrades, renewal, activation, etc. The best part here is that it offers an e-Commerce based solution for the users. The dashboard gives users the power to manage subscription lifecycle and recurring revenue.
Additionally, this subscription management includes automated correspondence, trial management, churn reduction, and recurring payment processing. Compared to other subscription billing software, FastSpring offers all the crucial services in one platform. Above all, it is one of the top programs to trust for the growth of a business model.
- Automated Notification and Reminders – This feature helps users in automating invoices, services, receipts, and renewal notices. It indirectly contributes to establishing a line of communication with the customers. In addition to this, automation is possible for events like payment overdue, due, and others.
- Risk Management & Compliance – FastSpring offers a fraud detection algorithm with 15-factors to reduce chargeback for users. It is in compliance with GDRP, PCI DSS, and other regulatory norms.
- Integration – This feature enables users to easily integrate with third-party applications like Adroll, Google Analytics, Impact, etc.
- Branded Checkout – This feature helps users in building a branded, custom, and frictionless shipping experience for the customers. It also offers a standard security solution for access from desktops and mobile phones.
- Dunning Management – Users can rely on this feature for churning of recurring revenue and reduction of disruptions. Additionally, it is also possible to automate customer reminders and actions for retiral of payments.
There are no default pricing plans offered by FastSpring. This makes it affordable by the business of all kinds. Users have to connect with the team, and they will provide an exclusive quote according to their requirements. The goal here is to ensure that users do not overpay for services they do not want to use.
3. Moonclerk – Best Chargify Competitor
Moonclerk is a widely used program and one of the cheap alternatives to Chargify. It facilitates the user’s need for one-time and recurring payments. This offers an optimized solution for use by businesses of all kinds and sectors. Moreover, it is not essential to have a website to use this program because it can host almost everything. Moonclerk makes it convenient for users to set payment parameters like start date, trial period, duration, and checkout.
Above all, it is not necessary to have a merchant account to receive payments. It offers features like automatic notification, developer options, coupon creation, data import, etc. at affordable prices.
- Back-office Automation – It is possible to automate and manage fund transfer with MoonClerk. For further improvisation, it is compatible to integrate with external applications. Based on the event type, users can automate the process to send a custom email notification. It is easy to export necessary data, and automation is also applicable for retrial of payments.
- Controlled Payment Process – Users can granularly manage and monitor the entire payment process. Apart from that, it is easy to set up custom frequencies and durations. The payment mode for recurring payments is available for selection by the payer. Users can accept payments with trending modes like Microsoft & Google Pay, debit/credit cards, etc.
- Customization – The customization of the checkout process becomes quick and easy with MoonClerk. Users can include a window for checkout on any website. Peculiar customization pertaining to palette for background images and custom colors is possible. Custom CSS is possible, and one can also add the brand logo.
- Security – All the operations of MoonClerk are secure with bank-level security for all the users. The hosting is secure with SSL encryption. and the platform is in compliance with PCI Norms Level 1.
- Micro-level enterprises having payment volume up to $2000 have to pay $15/m.
- Small firms with payment volume up to $4000 have to pay $30/m.
- Other firms having a moderate payment volume up to $7500 have to pay $50/m.
- For firms having payment volume up to $12500 and $20000 have to pay $75/m and $110/m, respectively.
4. Chargebee – Subscription Billing Software
Chargebee is a popular subscription billing software offering operational sophistication to achieve, sustain, and scale recurring revenue. It addresses the basic needs of a startup and also offers solutions for complex problems of corporates. Furthermore, it is a cloud-based solution offering automation for recurring billing frequencies. Users have the ease of combining usage-based, one-time, and recurring pricing models to suit the needs of their customers.
Moreover, it offers tight integration and user-friendly API. Chargebee is a robust software for organizing special promotions, accurate invoicing, addressing billing queries, and collecting payments. Users have access to impactful subscription payment gateway with Chargebee.
- Robust Billing Management – This feature facilitates users with automation in billing processes like payment collection, tax management, customer communication, and invoicing.
- Powerful Integrations – Powerful integrations enable users to sell subscription products, create referral programs, ship products, track user behavior, etc. Chargebee offers integration with external analytics, shopping cart, e-commerce, and email solutions.
- Global Payment Gateway Support – Users have access to 30+ leading payment gateways worldwide with Chargebee. It also offers alternate payment solutions like Amazon and Paypal for the convenience of the customers.
- Dunning Management – This feature helps the users in managing the failed payments. The users can automate repeat attempts for failed payment. Users can also create timely alerts for customers to improve payment collection efficiency.
- Reporting and Analytics – Chargebee offers real-time notifications during the violation of the expected threshold by key metrics. It offers deep insights into leakage, billing, and transactional analytics. Users can monitor the growth and risk stats in a single view.
- Rise – The cost of this plan is $299/m. It offers access to ten users. Additional features include unlimited payment gateways, multiple tax regions, SaaS Metrics, etc.
- Scale – This price of this popular plan is $599/m. It offers advance invoices, priority phone support, and access to twenty-five users.
- Custom – Business with advanced compliance requirements and sophisticated revenue operations can create a custom plan. Approach the sales team from the website and receive an exclusive quotation.
5. Zoho Subscriptions – Versatile Recurring Billing Software
This program offers smart recurring billing solutions and is one of the top cheap alternatives to Chargify. Users can manage the entire billing customer cycle according to the requirements of their business. If offers a dedicated solution to address overdue and failure in payments. The most acclaimed feature of this subscription billing software is multi-currency invoicing. Zoho books automatically record all the entries.
Thus, it eliminates the user’s task of manually entering all the transactions in the system. Businesses from micro-scale to corporates can find integrations and applications according to their needs. Lastly, It is possible to automate almost all the processes and operations of this program.
- Developer-friendly API – Users get an open API with this feature. It offers customization in all the basic as well as advanced aspects of the program. The comprehensive API document includes all the information. Users can also rely on expert support for the setup process.
- Webhooks – Webhooks enables users to track subscription changes. Whenever a specific event occurs, then users receive a notification on the service URL.
- Recurring Billing – This feature helps in setting up an auto-bill operation. For any product or service, users can easily add a billing cycle and frequency. This helps in automating the operation, and it sends invoices before the due date. The prorate usage of clients is the reference point for billing.
- Manage Multiple Subscriptions – Managing multiple subscriptions is always a tough task. To ease the difficulties, users can send a consolidated invoice for customers with multiple subscriptions with this feature. Automation is possible in credit adjustment.
- Subscription Metrics and Reporting – Analyzing business operations becomes easy with 40+ tools of metrics & analysis by Zoho Subscriptions. Users can generate reports like monthly recurring revenue, net revenue, churn rate, activity logs, API usage, and others.
- Basic – Firstly, users have to pay $39 per organization per month for this plan to manage up to 500 customers. It comes with three automated modules.
- Standard – The cost of this plan is $79 per organization per month. Users can manage up to 2000 customers, and it offers ten automated modules.
- Professional – To but this plan, users have to pay $199 per organization per month. In addition to managing up to 5000 customers, it offers ten automated modules.
The subscription billing software included above are widely used cheap alternatives to Chargify. Each of them has distinctive features and affordable pricing plans. Thus, it’s high time to switch from Chargify and select the best program that fits your needs.
You May Also Like To Read: